What is the chipped bone piece and why am I feeling dizziness while sleeping?

Posted on Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: A few weeks ago I had been drinking and tripped, I fell and hit my right eyebrow. I had a cut that has mostly healed, but I am concerned about possible chipped bone piece not allowing the cut and area to heal. I feel a lump of tissue that wasn't there before. I have also noticed some dizziness when laying down, but I am not sure if that is sinus related. What is the worst that can happen?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
My Dear, Thanks for sending your query to us. The likelyhood of a bone chip blocking the healing is not there.What is happening is that there is a granuloma formation on the site of injury withick blood clot which you feel as a lump.This takes time to resolve by natural means and does not require much of tt. At best you can have hot foamentation on the area. Worst case scenario is an internal bleed in the brain due to injury but that is more likely in people nearer to 60 than in your case.So you need not worry about that. This lump may take up to 2weeks to resolve. Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 6 minutes later
Thank you. The fall happened 12/28. how much longer should it take to heal? is this causing the dizziness?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 11 minutes later
My Dear, thanks for getting back to us. It takes some time to heal properly.You should feel that the size of lump has reduced significantly and shows you the rate of progress. Dizziness if still persisting has to be looked into.Are yousure it has started after the fall ? If dizziness does not reduce markedly we have to consult a neurologist. We will have to monitor how you progress. Do get back to me for any further clarification.
The dizziness started the morning after fall and has lessened but not all gone. mainly occurs when I lay down. Thank you for putting my mind at ease.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 9 minutes later
My dear There definetly has been a injury to the surrounding tissue and for a young person like you the repair work in the body is good. Just keep a watch on your symptoms and they should keep on lessening as the time passes. Any increase or development of symptoms is to be noted. you are doing ok and take care not repeat these injuries . Do get back to me if needed.
Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist