What is the cause of severe smell from penis?
You need to go for a thorough check-up of the area...
Hello and Welcome,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern.
Kindly let me know a few more details so that I can guide you further:
1. Is there any visible rash over the affected area? Any redness/skin discoloration/whitish discharge from the area?
2. Any pain/burning sensation while passing urine?
3. How long are you suffering from this?
4. Have you taken/applied any medications yet?
5. Are you sexually active? Any history of unprotected/risky exposure?
6. Any other health concerns (any history of diabetes, overweight)?
-Could you please upload a picture of the affected area so that I review it in more details?
Please note that it can be due to several reasons (most notably fungal infection of the localized area, Urinary tract infection and/ some sexually transmitted infection).
So, a detailed examination of the affected region by a Dermatologist and a few basic investigations (Urine routine microscopy and culture sensitivity) should be done at first. Treatment will be based on the findings.
Good that you're washing daily, but, please keep the area thoroughly clean (by retracting the skin gently, please don't force if there's any pain experienced while doing this) with soap and water daily.
Avoid wearing tight undergarments and use soft loose-fitting cotton garments. Avoid rubbing of the area (you can use a blow-dryer after bathing to keep the area dry).
Hope I have answered your question.
Dr. Arnab Banerjee,
Critical Care Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of zits on penis
- What causes penilepulp on penis
- What causes itchiness in penis
- What causes severe pain in bladder and penis
- What causes cuts on penis
- What causes lumps on penis
- What causes redness on the penis
- What causes shrinking of penis
- What causes inflammation on penis
- What causes itching in penis