What is the cause and treatment of dermatofibroma?
Dermatofibroma; Provide more information
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic
I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your query and I have understood it. I have looked at the image.
I would keep a possibility of a Dermatofibroma
Though I would like to gather some more information from you in order to be able to guide you better.
-Since how long have you been noticing it?
-Does it itch? Does she scratch?
Dermatofibroma is a benign growth, It frequently develops on the extremities (mostly the lower legs) and is usually asymptomatic, although pruritus and tenderness can be present. Usually dermatofibromas appear alone.
On palpation, the hard nodule may feel like a small pebble fixed. A dermatofibroma usually dimple inward when pinched.
Possible causes of dermatofibroma are: A minor injury in the form of a prick, insect bite etc
Dermatofibroma are best ignored. They are not dangerous
However, Dermatofibroma can be removed surgically by excision biopsy, and subsequently sent for histopathological confirmation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dermatofibroma on butt
- Dermatofibroma causes
- Dermatofibroma ayurvedic treatment
- Dermatofibroma on buttock
- Dermatofibromas iodin
- Side effects of radiation treatment for dermatofibroma
- Cellular dermatofibroma treatment
- What is cellular dermatofibroma
- Treatment and cure for Dermatofibroma
- Dermatofibroma before and after treatment
- What causes recurring red bumps in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for vitiligo
- Suggest treatment for scalp psorasis
- What does a mole on body indicate?
- What causes dry patch of skin on my penis shaft?
- What causes dry lips and getting burns on my lips?
- Should I continue with antiretroviral drugs and get a repeat HIV test?
- Suggest treatment for freckle and open pores on face
- What causes white puss spot on penis head after an unprotected sex?
- What causes itching in the groin area?