What is telangiectasias of the vagina?

Question
I was just wondering what telangiectasia at the vault of the vigina meant please.
Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

Telangectasias are enlarged small blood vessels of the superficial skin or of mucus membranes. The term vaginal vault is a description of the vagina after removal of the cervix and or uterus in which the upper end of the vagina is sewn closed. Telangectasias of the vaginal vault occur most often following radiation treatment. They tend to occur where tissue has been damaged or weakened such as from surgery, corticosteroids, radiation, etc. Sometimes, though, people just have a genetic predisposition to developing telangectasias, such as having spider veins on their legs.

Without more information (age, past and current medical history, etc) I can't say anything more specific for your particular situation, but this gives you a general idea. I hope it answered your question.