question-icon

What is marble sized lump attached with chords behind testicle?

Posted on Tue, 17 Dec 2013
Question: marble sized lump attached with chords behind my right testicle , am 70 years old
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer: It is likely to be what is called as Spermatocele. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a marble sized lump behind Rt.Testis. Most likely this is what is called Spermatocele.(Spermatic Cyst) It is painless ,freely mobile .benign lump that develops due to blockage of the Vas Deferens resulting in to accumulation of spermatic fluid . The diagnosis is confirmed only with clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon or Urologist and Ultrasound scanning of the scrotum. Normally no treatment is required unless it increases in size rapidly or becomes painful. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist