What does white vaginal discharge after taking morning after pill indicate?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello, I took a morning after pill three days after unprotected sex and since then I have been getting white discharge on my panties. I am really worried. Does it mean that I am pregnant? How long should I wait before taking pregnancy test? (I cannot rely on my period because I was diagnosed with PCOS few years ago and I don't bleed).
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
On what date did you have sex?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

To be of most help, i need some more information.

1. On what date did you take this pill and how many days after that as of today?

With this, I will be able to provide a personalized and helpful response to you on whether you could be pregnant and when it is best to do a test.

I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 minutes later
Hello Doctor,

I had sex last Tuesday evening and I took Ellaone three days after on Friday evening. Today is 7th day since I had sex (4th day after morning after pill and 4th day of white discharge).

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Too early for any meaning testing or conclusion!

Detailed Answer:

It is too early for any pregnancy testing. Also, the changes reported cannot be explained by any possible pregnancy. It is just too early and they do not tie. The only justification could be the hormonal pills itself and not a pregnancy symptom. Follow up with me in three weeks so that we can further evaluate and act accordingly.

I wish you well and keep me posted.