What does this urine culture report indicate?
if no symptoms, antibiotics not required
Dear XXXX, welcome to HCM and thanks for choosing us.
I understand your concerns about urine culture report and subsequent prescription by your doctor.
Let me tell you that if you don't have any urine related symptoms like
burning micturition or
pain in bladder area or
blood in urine,
then the gram positive bacilli which have come in culture results are lactobacillus bacteria. Lactobacillus is a commensal microorganism in vagina. You don't need to take antibiotics.
I hope my reply will help you. Please write to us for follow up queries. I wish you good health. Kindly rate this reply. Thanks
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Urine culture and sensitivity report
- What does mic mean on a urine culture report
- Reading urine culture reports
- Urine culture report interpretation
- Urine culture analysis report
- What is rbcs urine culture report
- Urine culture test report
- Urine culture report
- Urine culture report forms
- Urine culture report format
- Can taking magnesium lead to diarrhoea?
- What causes elevated SGPT levels?
- What is the dosage of Sotalol in adult patients with normal renal function?
- Suggest treatment for scrotal fixation in the management of low...
- Suggest treatment for diplopia, burning sensation in esophagus and...
- Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and hypothyroidism
- What causes GERD and hiatal hernia?
- What causes raw looking tongue in infants?
- Suggest remedy for itching in the urethra and pain during urination
- Suggest treatment for mottled skin on the stomach