• question-icon

What does this semen analysis report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 16 Aug 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Dear sir,
My semen analysis report is as follows.
Appearance -Grey
volume- 0.3ml
liquification time- 20mins
Viscosity- Normal
fructose present
sperm count- 73million /ml
Rapid progressive -26%
Slow progressive- 30%
Non progressive- 04%
Immotile -40%
From above report datas Please tell me is there any fertility problem for me ? I am married before 3 yrs and 33yrs old Male,we are trying to have a baby through IVF method this month after natural and IUI failure .so I did semen Analysis before two days & I feel the ejacuated volume is too low but last year I did semen analysis two times that time I can able to ejacuate 2 ml but now suddenly my ejacuation volume became low .I checked normally also but I can't able to ejacuate more .so please suggest me a good medicine to make the semen volume higher because I need to give semen again after 15 days for IVF Procedure..so please do the needful .

Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Repeat sperm analysis at least twice

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I do not believe in one report at all.
First of all please understand that sperm counts vary frequently in the same person. They may temporarily rise and fall. Hence it is important to repeat the test at very standard labs in your city. Also please do not masturbate / have intercourse for at least 3 days before you give the sample.
The above lab results are not convincing. You have a very good count but the volume was less which is contradicting.
There is no great medicine to increase count but some people use tab FERTISURE M one per day for 10 days and repeat the test.
So do not be put off with the result untill you take enough test from a standard lab.
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 21 minutes later
Dear mam,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.the test was done at the standard lab only by 3 days absence of intercourse / mastrubation .Hence I request you to recommend the good medicine to increase the SEMEN VOLUME .I hope FERTISURE is to increase count but is there any tablet to increase SEMEN VOLUME ?.so that I will perform test after ten days again .

Awaiting for your reply mam
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Water increases volume

Detailed Answer:
As I said there is no right medicine. Ample water intake definitely helps. Fertisure M is helpful for counts.
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 17 minutes later
Thank you for your advise mam.
Brief Answer:
Please close and rate

Detailed Answer:
if you do not have more questions please close and rate my answer.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam