What does this echocardiogram report indicate?

Cardiologist
Question
I recently had an echocardiogram. I can't understand one of the results related to the left ventricle: Mild hypokinesis of the interventricular septum and moderately severe hypokinesis of the inferior wall is present. What does this mean in layman terms. How serious is this condition?
Tue, 29 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that the examiner has revealed during echo exam some deficient movement activities of certain areas of your heart. More specifically some part of your left heart muscle doesn't contract efficiently.

This echo pattern may be due to the presence of possible coronary artery lesions that may lead to insufficient blood supply to this abnormally contracting heart muscle regions.

In case you have any history of chest pain or carrdiac ischemia, further cardiac testing would be necessary.

Any imagine or provocative cardiac test would be helpful as follows:

- cardiac stress echo;
- nuclear perfusional cardiac stress test,
- coronary angioCT

You should discuss with your attending physician on the above mentioned issues.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

Feel free to ask me again whenever you need!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri