What does this blood test report indicate?

Dr. Shanthi.E

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I got typhoid 3 weeks ago.I was treated but still I am having typhoid and looks to be more than initial.
Current blood tests says
S typhi O 1:320
S typhi H 1:80
S Para typhi AH 1in nil dilns
S para typhi BH 1 in nil dilns
Can u plz help me what precautions and traetment to be taken
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
repeat the test after a few days.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I have read your query and understand your concerns.

It seems like the Typhoid infection is still persisting in you.

I suggest that you repeat the widal test again in a few days, and check for the titres afresh.

If it still shows that you have o antigen at 1:320, you might require another course of antibiotics.

Meanwhile, the precautions that you could take is to maintain good personal hygiene, food hygiene. Wash your hands thoroughly before every meal.

Avoid consuming high fatty and oily food. Eat easy to digest, simple foods such as porridge and dal rice.

Keep me updated about the test results.

get well soon.