Should Zithrox Plus be continued in case of sore throat, fever and shivering?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: My son is suffering from severe throat infection and his physician prescribed Zithrox Plus .Now he is feeling weakness,and some sort of shivering.He is 12+ now.Is it right to continue tablets?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Acute sore throat

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
From the complaints it seems to be tonsillitis as the child is having sore throat and fever with shivering.
Please send me the picture of the throat so that I can suggest you better.
What medicines other than zithrox plus is he taking?
Follow up with the required information.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 24 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sore throat

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information.
I hav3 seen the pictures attached. The throat seems to be fine now as you are already taking medicines. please tell me are you still having any pain in the throat?
If you are still having Fever, get some blood investigations done like Total leukocyte count, Differential leukocyte count, Widal test, malarial antigen .
Follow up with the reports so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T