What does this MRI report of spine indicate?
This exostosis needs to be excised
I have studied your case and MRI report. This is most probably a osteochondroma. It is a slow growing cartilage tumour and it causes compression of structures that causes complications such as pain, tingling and numbness.
So I would recommend you to meet a orthopaedic surgeon and get this tumour removed. Earlier is better, because once it will start compressions structures like tendon, nerves and vessels then complication can occurs.
This will not be a very big surgery and it will not require any bed rest. Your son will be able to walk after five to six days. Sutures can be removed after two weeks.
I hope this answer will be helpful for you. Let me know if there is any other follow up questions.
I can do this surgery in XXXXXXX
It is not a very serious condition but you should get this done as early as possible. As I told you that pain will occur when this tumor starts compression on nerves and we can not wait till then.
I can do this surgery in XXXXXXX Cost of this surgery will be 25000 and you can go back to XXXXXXX in three days time. We are specialist in these type of surgeries.
This procedure can not be done with out anesthesia. If you wish we can use spinal anesthesia in which only leg will have loss of sensation but your son will be conscious through out surgery.
You can contact me at
I hope this answer will be useful for you. Let me know if there is any other follow up question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does these mri scan of spine indicate
- My mri of lumbar spine report
- Mri of dorsolumbar spine done what does report suggest
- What do the findings in mri scan of spine indicate
- Sample mri report lumbar spine
- What are the findings from the spine mri report
- What does my mri report of spine interpret
- What are the findings from mri of spine
- Does mri reports of spine indicates to be serious
- Done mri of spine what does the report indicate
- Suggest treatment for foot drop
- What are symptoms of rib fracture?
- What causes pain in inside of elbow of both arms?
- Suggest treatment for cervical spondylitis
- What causes red knots on arms,legs and body with swelling on ankles?
- What causes pain and swelling in knee and calf with history of...
- Can i travel with swollen ankle post injury?
- What causes throbbing pain in right side of abdomen?
- What is the cause and treatment for pain in heels?
- What causes pain in ankle radiating to heel?