• question-icon

What does the following ankle MRI result indicate?

Posted on Wed, 26 Apr 2017 in Genetics
Question: I had an mri recently on my left ankle which revealed a 10% tear does taking a combination of L-leucine, Blueberry Fruit, Green Tea Leaf extract, L Carnosine and 2000 IU Vitamin D Vitanin Suppliment Help?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Will recover on its own, with rest.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. Let me assure you that in time a 10% tear (assumably of a muscle or tendon) heals on its own. Rest of the affected muscle (limitation of the activity that muscle performs) is advised in order to facilitate the healing. Vitamin D supplements may have an indirect role in facilitating the process but otherwise other supplements would not help.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Thank you Doctor, unfortunately I have to work 40 hrs a week so the only time I have to really rest is on the weekends. I do however wear Orthotics and have recently added shims to my shoes. Do I risk further injury to this and will it still resolve itself with time? Thank You
Brief Answer:
Should resolve gradually with time.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I was actually talking about use of orthotics (for rest of the respective body part) and not about overall physical rest . I would just insist you not to overstain on the respective body part and that would prevent risk of further injury. Do not worry, it will resolve with time.

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician