What does the cardiac CT calcium score of 414.01 indicate?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Valvular Heart Disease
Question: I just got a ct cardiac scoring w/out contrast 15 minutesago faxed to my home ...The score is 414.01. Can you tell me the best hospital for XXXXXXX St. XXXXXXX area in Florida.? Please. I already have a stent implant from rgt.renal stenosis 10/22/11 and scar tissue occluded it at a higher % being 85% than before the procedure %??? So I really need to find the top cardiologist please. I am 60 yrs. old, I lost 2 brother's to myocardial infarctions...one at age 32 and one at age 60...thanks XXXXXXX H.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:

Hello Monica!

Thank you for asking on HCM!

I understand your concern, and would like to explain that your cardiac CT calcium score is graded as extensive evidence of coronary artery disease.

You need to undergo an comprehensive evaluation of your coronay artery system, as you are considered in high risk of developing ischemic heart disease.

You already have a strong evidence of vascular disease (renal artery stenosis), and heredity for CAD.

I recommend you to consult your local cardiologist and to discuss for further evaluation of your coronary system, and the available modalities.

I could recommend high level cardiology centers, such as:

(a) Morton Plant Hospital 300 Pinellas Street XXXXXXX FL 33756 (727) 462-7000

(b) St. Joseph's Hospital, 3001 W. Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX King Jr. Blvd XXXXXXX FL 33607 (813) 870-4000;

(c) Mease Coutryside Hospital,3231 N. McMullen Booth Road Safety Harbor, FL 34695, etc.

These hospitals have highly specialized cardiological staff, with an excellent professional competence dealing with acute and chronic cardiac diseases.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

Feel free to ask me whenever you need. Greetings! Dr. Iliri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist