What does strange round substance in stool indicate?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: my sister had chemo in April and till now she is still seeing some strange round things in her stool. They are small whitish and soft. what are they and how long will this keep coming out?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hello. It seems unalarming

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. From your description I would advise her to undergo a routine and microscopic examination of the stool. However it seems unalarming condition and it is unrelated to the chemotherapy. A stool examination will solve the issue.
Please state what chemotherapy and for which condition it was given.
Please feel free to ask any question
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 18 hours later
I don't remember the name of the chemo but it was to treat Adeno sarcoma, was previously diagnosed as cancer of the uterus. she started noticing it when she was getting the treatment.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
hello. It seems harmless

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. The white thing in stool appears harmless as it is not posing any problem. however, its exact nature can only be said by stool routine examination. You can get her stool examined. This will put an end to all worries.
Thanks and regards
Fell free to ask further question if any
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 16 hours later
Thanks, you guys have been very helpful to all my questions.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Regards. Feel free to ask anything in future too.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj