What does severe chest pain indicate?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Mon, 10 Sep 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I AM experiencing Waves of pain in MY upper chest over the past 12 hours. Over the past several days, I have had stomach issues , but now am having waive waves of pain that are more in my chest. They are somewhat rhythmical and are now interrupting my nighttime sleep. What could cause this?r
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Gastritis.

Detailed Answer:

But it seems that you are suffering from gastritis which can cause a pain in the form of waves due to gastric wall contraction.

However, pain due to gastritis should be relived by Omeprazol tablets once daily and ranitidine tablets before every meal.

You should also stick to soft, non spicy and non fried meals in the time being.

If the pain did not improve or gets referred to another sites or you.

Experience difficulty breathing then you should seek medical care to perform an ecg and an echocardiogram to exclude cardiac causes.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman, Internal Medicine Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana