What does my lab test report indicate?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Sat, 24 Sep 2016 in Men's Health
Question: dr Sharka
can you look at the report
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could you please upload again!

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Please, can you upload again your test reports?

I am having troubles to open their content.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome back on HCM!

I carefully reviewed your uploaded medical report and would explain as follows:

Reviewing the three main coronary arteries (LAD [left anterior descending], LCX [left circumflex] and RCA [right coronary artery]) and its branches could be concluded that:

- the previous implanted stent in your RCA [right coronary artery] seems to be OK; that means there is no occlusion and the blood flow through that portion of the vessel is OK.
- LCX is OK, with normal blood flow throughout the vessel,
- The blood flow disorder exists in LAD [left anterior descending artery; more exactly in its middle portion], where a chronic total occlusion (CTO) is present.

In such case, the cardiologists have tried to restore flow through LAD, by attempting to open the occlusion by utilizing guide wires in order to be followed by balloon inflation and subsequent stent implantation.

Unfortunately, it has been impossible to proceed with the guide wire insertion through the CTO (chronic total occlusion).

In my daily practice this result is not infrequent, because chronic coronary occlusions are in general composed of calcified and fibrotic tissue, making it impossible to advance the necessary devices for a successful procedure.

Nevertheless, you should not worry too much, because of two possibilities:

(a) Frequently chronic total coronary occlusions are well compensated by newly created collateral blood vessels that enable partial or complete blood flow restoration from proximal to distal coronary lesions. And this beneficial phenomenon is present in your case.

(b) As the coronary procedure is performed by means of radial artery route, there exists also the femoral artery route, which his frequently more familiar and comfortable to follow more complex catheter and guide wire manipulations inside the coronary arteries.

So, it could be probably possible to achieve a more successful result by utilizing this latter technique (femoral artery access).

That’s why your doctors have advised you to keep following your maintenance cardiac therapy and to program a future coronary artery procedure in the attempt of opening your CTO (chronic total occlusion) in your middle portion LAD.

Hope to have been helpful with the above explanations!

In case you have any other uncertainties, feel free to ask me again.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri