• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for 60% blockage in the LAD artery

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have a 60% blockage in my LAD. How can I reduce that to a much lower #? How low can I get it?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that although a 60% coronary blockage is considered in general clinically non-significant (in the absence of clinical symptomatology), before coming into this conclusion, I would recommend performing one of the following tests:

- a fractional flow reserve (FFR) of LAD through the detected 60 % blockage, just to be sure that no hemodinamically significant consequences are derived from this stenosis
- a nuclear perfusional cardiac stress test to investigate for possible myocardial ischemia.

If one of the above tests results abnormal, then you should undergo angioplasty (a coronary stent implantation) in order to correct the blood flow in this artery.

Otherwise, if you don't have clinical symptomatology and the above tests result normal, then the only thing to do is to follow a healthy lifestyle and use statins (atorvastatin, simvastatin, etc.) and daily baby aspirin.

These tips will help reduce the progression of the blockage, but will not reduce it.

Hope to have been helpful to you!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Ilir Sharka


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 7433 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Stent implantation

doctor1 MD

what if your bypass has stop working

doctor1 MD

My wife had a stent put in on XXXXXXX 4. Cardiologist prescribed 90 mg brilinta ever 12 hours and asprin. She was discharged on XXXXXXX 7. On...

doctor1 MD

I have severe itching, but no any rush. I had some medicine called pressing, and it stopped, but came back five or six days after I stopped taking...

doctor1 MD

i, mayI nsweryur health queries? Please type your query here...

Good morning Dr Here i would like to ask you that my mom is suffering from CAD...

doctor1 MD

Have been advised to take an angiogram, which may become a stent implantation, that said since i've been a nutritional aware eater and an avid...

doctor1 MD

Few days back My Dad has got pain in his heart ,, he consulted 2 d doctor,, He went through few test & TMT result was positive for inducible...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

121 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Ilir Sharka
  • Q - What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...

  • Q - Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure

  • Q - Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD

  • Q - Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms

  • Q - What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?

  • Q - What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?

  • Q - What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?

  • Q - What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?

  • Q - Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?