Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

134 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What does my blood test report indicate?

Answered by
Dr. Manisha Jain


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 5137 Questions

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: My husband and I are trying to conceive for the last 3-4 months but with no results. We visited a doctor 2 weeks back and she suggested to get some basic blood tests done before undergoing Follicular Monitoring. We got the reports of the basic blood tests and found that the blood sugar level is very high (241 mg/dl). The doctor has suggested to undergo further tests to confirm if this is a case of diabetes but, as my father also has diabetes, I may have got it.

Which tests should we undergo to confirm this and what should be the diet plan to control this? Considering high blood sugar level, can we try to have a baby in this cycle or wait to control the sugar level and then do it?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Precautions advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam, thanks for trusting us with your health concerns
Get a HbA1c test done to confirm the diabetes and also get a fasting and post pradial blood sugar levels done to see the control of diabetes after diet management.
Indiet of course avoid sugar, sweet fruits like XXXXXXX banana, grapes, kiwi and chicoo along with this avoid full cream milk, rice and potatoes as much as possible
After each meal take some walk of at least 20 mins.
Take a lot of water.
I have seen your reports and would be advising further tests according to your test results and confirmation of diabetes
You should not try for pregnancy at least till sugar levels are in control
It has a very bad effect on baby and of course your health
Dr Manisha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Hba1c

doctor1 MD

I have been suffering from dehydration for a month and a half. The problem is when I get fluids from the ER, it comes back again because I have Diabetes and the medicine Januvia is preventing the fluids to stay in my system. My doctor still wants...

doctor1 MD

My Father has been gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.Mainly i want to know the health of the heart. And what we need to do next.

doctor1 MD

Can I reverse a possible chance that I have Typ 2 diebetties ?