What does my blood test report indicate?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: My husband and I are trying to conceive for the last 3-4 months but with no results. We visited a doctor 2 weeks back and she suggested to get some basic blood tests done before undergoing Follicular Monitoring. We got the reports of the basic blood tests and found that the blood sugar level is very high (241 mg/dl). The doctor has suggested to undergo further tests to confirm if this is a case of diabetes but, as my father also has diabetes, I may have got it.

Which tests should we undergo to confirm this and what should be the diet plan to control this? Considering high blood sugar level, can we try to have a baby in this cycle or wait to control the sugar level and then do it?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Precautions advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam, thanks for trusting us with your health concerns
Get a HbA1c test done to confirm the diabetes and also get a fasting and post pradial blood sugar levels done to see the control of diabetes after diet management.
Indiet of course avoid sugar, sweet fruits like XXXXXXX banana, grapes, kiwi and chicoo along with this avoid full cream milk, rice and potatoes as much as possible
After each meal take some walk of at least 20 mins.
Take a lot of water.
I have seen your reports and would be advising further tests according to your test results and confirmation of diabetes
You should not try for pregnancy at least till sugar levels are in control
It has a very bad effect on baby and of course your health
Dr Manisha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad