What does minimal fibrohazed densities in both apices due to PTB of undetermined activity means?
This means focal scarring with fibrotic strands in upper portion /lobe of the lungs.This is commonly seen with old healed infection of tuberculosis, which might have been treated or even gone undetected.
In such cases one needs to investigate, if there is any active tuberculosis at present.If there is no active infection , then there is no need of any treatment.
Scan with blood and skin tests can help doctor know if there is any active infection and decide about the treatment accordingly.
Hope this answers your question.Regards.
Patient using face mask whenever possible is very good option.Keep doors and windows open when ever possible. Avoid using AC in home as that circulates air and may act as source of infection.Keep bathrooms,clothes and bed clothing clean.
Make efforts to keep immunity of other family members up , this is single most important thing. Always treat minor infections in other family members effectively.
In case of suspicion get the family member evaluated.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is ptb minimal of undetermined activity
- Minimal ptb activity undetermined syptoms
- Ptb undetermined activity what does it means
- What is ptb activity undetermined
- Minimal ptb undetermined activity meaning
- Ptb activity undetermined meaning
- What is ptb minimal of undetermined
- Ptb minimal undetermined activity
- Suggestive ptb minimal of undetermined activity
- Right apical ptb of undetermined activity
- Swelling of stomach after food, back pain.Taken metronidazole. Is there...
- Severe abdominal pain leading to difficulty in walking. Wee sample,...
- Suffering from early erectile dysfunction. Need help
- Lower spinal bone touches the nerve. MRI and LS spine done. Prescribed...
- Feeling discomfort in neck, muscular pain in arms and legs
- Not feeling like eating, fast heart beats. Is nasogastric tube useful?
- Sore and tender spot on breast with discoloration. Blood report normal...
- Sprained ankle, fracture, ankle exercises done. Anything else for cure?
- Nose and head injury, headache. Taken panadol. Should further treatment...
- Chest x-ray showed evidence of fibrotic scarring with few parenchymal...