What does it mean when my toes are red?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Lump
Question: two of my toes are red and tender to the touch one on each foot what can I do to reduce the inflamasion ?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give details and post actual photographs.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
Please give additional history for me to assist you better:
Please post clear and focused photos as these sometimes help for on-the-spot diagnosis.
Do you have any other problems like diabetes, hypertension, diseases related to kidney, liver or thyroid?
Was there any injury?
Since when is this problem present?
Please give details.
Awaiting for your full feedback.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 16 minutes later
No medical past history of what you asked. Sorry don't know how to get photos uploaded. There was no injuries. Red spot appired on the top of one toe about three weeks ago then the tip turned red and tender less than a week ago my smaller toe on my right foot became red and tender making it very sore and painful to walk with shoes on. No other toes have been infected
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
As explained. To get the basic cause asap

Detailed Answer:
You can upload images/reports with the help of the 'Upload' feature available on the right side of your page. Alternatively you can send to YYYY@YYYY
Thanks for your feedback - awaiting the photos.
As per the history you have provided you need the following asap:
Get a consultation of your Doctor for clinical evaluation, examination and investigations as follows:
Tests of blood, urine.
Color doppler of both the lower limbs.
Care of the wounds- no shoes, elevate above the heart level in laying down position when resting, apply liquid povidone iodine locally to avoid the secondary infection.
Oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications with a valid prescription.
All the relevant things to get the cause of the problems so that a guided treatment can be done.

I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.