Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

What does high eosinophils mean in a blood test?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 6980 Questions
Hi. My eosinophils result was an 8. I'm a 39 year old female. What does that mean. I am extremely nervous.
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Iron and vitamin D supplements need to be taken. TLC needs to be known.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.

The differential eosinophil count (DLC) is slightly high that the normal range.
However, the total leukocyte count (TLC) needs to be known to know whether there is absolute increase in eosinophils or not.
Eosinophil count increases in allergy, parasitic infections, connective tissue disease etc.
The iron profile shows low iron, low iron saturation and high TIBC.
This picture is suggestive of iron deficiency.
Iron deficiency can be corrected by iron supplements after consultation with your primary healthcare provider.
As you have mentioned that there is vitamin D deficiency, vitamin D supplements need to be taken to bring vitamin D levels to normal.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja Puri

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor