What does high eosinophils mean in a blood test?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Question
Hi. My eosinophils result was an 8. I'm a 39 year old female. What does that mean. I am extremely nervous.
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Iron and vitamin D supplements need to be taken. TLC needs to be known.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.

The differential eosinophil count (DLC) is slightly high that the normal range.
However, the total leukocyte count (TLC) needs to be known to know whether there is absolute increase in eosinophils or not.
Eosinophil count increases in allergy, parasitic infections, connective tissue disease etc.
The iron profile shows low iron, low iron saturation and high TIBC.
This picture is suggestive of iron deficiency.
Iron deficiency can be corrected by iron supplements after consultation with your primary healthcare provider.
As you have mentioned that there is vitamin D deficiency, vitamin D supplements need to be taken to bring vitamin D levels to normal.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja Puri