What does excessive burping indicate?
Please see detailed answer.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
The pathophysiology of gas and burp is complicated.
The term gut microflora or microbiota means hundeds of species of bacteria which lives in our intestinal tractintestinal tract.These bacterias and yeast are responsible for proper digestion and fermentation of food. Hundereds of species of bacteria and yeast re found in colon of human intestine.In the same way thousands of these species florishes in our gut these bacteria play a vital role in digestuio and absorption of food.Even minor disturbances in gut microflora can lead to significant changes in gut function, including gas production.
There are various mechanism that can be related to increased flatulence
If this microbiota is disturbed food is improperly fermented causing production of large amount of gases in gut leading to severe flatulence and burping.Hence most commmon cause in most of the cases is disturbed microbiota.In some patient mobility of intestines is severly compromised leading to accumulation of large amount of gases in intestines.As persitaltic moments are week gas accumulates in intestines.Severe constipation or incomplete evacuation can also hinder the passage of gases.
-Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth can be a reason of severe flatulence .
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) refers to a condition in which abnormally large numbers of bacteria are present in the small intestine, and the types of bacteria in the small intestine resemble more the bacteria of the colon than the small intestines causing improper and disturbed food digestion.
Small bowel imaging and a gastric-emptying scan.
Hope i answered your query with relevent details..
In case you need any other professional advice feel free to ask.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Indigestion burping excess saliva
- Excessive burping during period
- What causes excessive burping in old adults
- Excessive burping injurious to health
- Excessive saliva and burping with a cold
- What causes excessive salivation and burping
- Is there a solution to excessive burping
- What causes excessive saliva and nausea burping vomiting
- Excessive burping dizziness
- Lump in throat excess burping
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses