What does callus formation in an X ray report suggest?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 17 Mar 2015 in Back Pain
Question: Can appearances on an xray which may be "callus formation" on a scapula be mistaken for something else, as person has no pain or difficulty in movement?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not likely.

Detailed Answer:
The callus formation is a positive sign of bone healing. After the callus starts forming the pain gradually disappears. It is very un likely to mistake the callus for something else.
A repeat X-ray after 2 weeks will help in confirmation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal