What does a pulsating bulging vein on wrist suggest?
I will upload a short video of my wrist shortly.
Can't send video. No worries. We will go to emergency room tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on status. Thanks anyhow. Have a good Saturday night! :)
no need for the ER at this point...
a bulging artery might mean either that your heartbeat is too strong (for example after physical exertion) and your skin too thin or that there is an aneurysm or any pressing structure that pushes the artery towards the skin. None of the aforementioned cause is an emergency. The aneurysm may become an emergency when it ruptures but this is not the case with you.
So in conclusion, if you don't have any symptoms, you don't have to visit the ER right away. Clinical examination and perhaps an imaging modality (an ultrasound scan) would help to clarify this issue.
I hope it helps!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain in foot veins and wrist veins
- Pain in wrists and back of hands bulging veins serious
- Vein in wrist hurts
- What causes wrist pain and lumpy vein
- Suggest treatment for swelling and itching of wrist vein
- Large vein in wrist
- Veins in neck and wrist hurting
- What would cause a knot on vein on above the wrist
- Protruding veins in wrist
- Inside of wrist vein is swollen