Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

What does a mass is inside the scrotum indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
I have a medium size mass in my scrotum that does not appear to be attached to a testicle. In, itself, it is not painful, but my underwear has rubbed a raw spot on the mass which is quite uncomfortable. My doctor prescribed an antibiotic, but he did not examine it very closely.

Ideas? Advice? Comments?
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

If the mass is inside the scrotum, it can be a hydrocele ( a cyst filled with clear fluid), varicocele (varicose veins of this area) or other benign lump.
If this lesion is in the scrotal skin, sebaceous cyst, hair follicle inflammation can be the reason.
In case of lump located inside the scrotum, testis ultrasound is necessary. Varicocele or hydrocele can be treated with surgery. You should visit urologist with it.
If the mass is in the skin, you should consult dermatologist and consider removal of it.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor