• question-icon

What does a lump in anus indicate?

Posted on Wed, 4 Mar 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hello, i am wondering what could be a small bump inside anus, about the size of a bb. It is firm and not bleeding. Slight pain. Just noticed today in the shower. Put some preparation h on it but not sure if it is a hemmoroid. Thanks
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Boil / Cyst / Thrombosed pile.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and history.
Bump inside the anus of the size of a BB which is not bleeding but firm may be due to a small boil or a cyst.
Hemorrhoid is always painless and very soft that can not be palpated unless gets thrombosed.
So the chance of this being a hemorrhoid is less and possible only if this is thrombosed.
This can be confirmed only by a Digital (finger) tests and Proctoscopy done by a Surgeon.
There is no point in applying anything locally unless advised by the Doctor.

I hope this helps you to get an early diagnosis.

Dr T Chandrakant
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon