What do these urine test results indicate?

Dr. Sheetal Verma

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi Doctor

Just did a urine test my test results show traces of
Leukocyte Esterase in my urine

I have a discomfort in the lower parts also
I am attaching a copy of my complete urinalysis report

A. Please tell me what you would recommend I do if I was your patient.
B. Is this contagious ? Can I give this to my wife ? ( I got this after sex with
another woman if this matters . )
C. This has happened to me on several occasions after receiving unprotected
oral sex and protected sex with women . Why ? How can this be happening so
frequently to me ? I read that this usually happens to women in general .
D. Is there something I can do to prevent these UTIs from happening ? ( aside
from using condoms for oral ) Some remedies or something ?
E. Are these bacterial infections ?

Thanks for your help :)

Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes apprears to be bacterial infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query at HCM.

Kindly elaborate your symptoms. If you are having recurring UTI I would suggest you to get urinalysis and urine culture sensitivity testing. You must take antibiotics based upon culture reports. Keep your general and genital hygiene maintained. Drink plenty of water and alkasol 10 ml once. Get an urine clinical chemistry and USG abdomen. Yes you can spread it to your wife. You may have protected intercourse by condom or refrain from intercourse till treatment. Practice hand hygiene, wash genital after intercourse and avoid public toilets. Yes these are like bacterial infections. Did you had unprotected intercourse in past?

Hope I answered your query
Rating and review will be appreciated
Dr Sheetal Verma
Follow up: Dr. Sheetal Verma 1 hour later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Culture of urine advised.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query at HCM.

The presence of the leucocyte esterase indicates that you are having some infection. I would suggest you to collect 3 days early morning urine sample and get tested for urine culture. Follow up with the reports. I would advise the treatment based on the antibiotics sensitivity results.

Follow up: Dr. Sheetal Verma 12 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

I am attaching my urinalysis report.

You asked me to elaborate my symptoms, well hmm
It is a weird feeling because it feels weird, somewhat sour feeling in my penis, then my scrotum feels
Sore. It feels like my prostate might be enflamed.

a.     Do you think this could be prostate infection?
b.     How could this have happen? What was the cause ?
c.     Since I sleep around a lot, does having too many sex partners cause UTI or Prostate infection?
( I always use condoms for vaginal sex and for oral sex time to time. )
d.     Can I give this to my wife ?
e.     How do I prevent this from happening again? (Without changing my life style.)
f.     What would you recommend I do at this point and are antibiotics necessary or will this go away on its own?
g.     I have a trip planned middle of this month and I would hate to be on antibiotics so , If I choose not to take antibiotics till 10-27-2015 will this get better or worst ?
h.     What antibiotics would you recommend ?

Thank you in advance Dr XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be prostate infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for your urinalysis reports. Elaboration of symptoms I meant to ask urine frequency, pain during urination, lower backache. I would like to tell you that traces of leukocyte esterase can be found even in normal person. As per reports it seems you are normal. As far as your intercourse is protected you are protected against HIV and STDs. But yes pain appears to be due to excessive sexual activities but does not seem to be related to infection as per reports. Your infection does not seem to be prostate infection. I Drink plenty of water daily.