What do scar-like slashes appearing on the body after surgery indicate?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: you replyed that it scar tissue but i say it's not this was from the day of surgery and it's killing me

whats wrong with me this isn't scar tissue from day 1
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Direct nerve damage is possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

There is a risk with every surgery/procedure that nerves, vessels, muscles, etc. may be damaged.

This damage may result from direct cutting, the heat used for coagulation, compression, traction on the nerve, etc.

What is already done is difficult to be reversed, since you are suffering you should be treated.

Treatment possibilities include antineuralgic drugs (Gabapentin, Pregabalin, Amitryptiline, etc.), nerve blocks by injection of anesthetic drugs around the responsible nerve, nerve ablation, etc.

I'd suggest discuss with a pain specialist about your issues and getting treated.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee