What do persistent anxiety, stress and sadness indicate?
Possible Depression episode
Many of your symptoms point to underlying Anxiety and/or Depressive states.
It's important to correct any stress related issues or maladaptive coping patterns contributing to your symptoms, either at personal or professional life.
Additionally, it's important to screen yourself for Thyroid issues which can cause similar symptoms.
I generally prescribe a short course of antidepressant medication to my patients with such symptoms if it's duration is more than 2 weeks.
Please check with your physician ( preferably a psychiatrist) in person if he shares my view and if can prescribe these medications to improve your symptoms.
Duration of treatment may extend up to 3 to 6 months depending on the severity.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Suresh Heijebu, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe headaches with anxiety and stress
- High neutrophils stress anxiety
- Have insomnia stress anxiety what can help
- Stress and anxiety symptoms treatment
- Herbs for anxiety and stress
- Drugs for stress and anxiety
- Depression stress anxiety
- Therapy for stress and anxiety
- Vitamins for stress and anxiety
- Stress and anxiety treatments
- Does excessive massage result in temporary nerve damage?
- What is the prognosis for CKD with eGFR of 52?
- Suggest treatment for sore lesions on the chin and buttocks, nausea and...
- What do ingestion, diarrhea and brain fog indicate despite following a...
- Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
- What causes chronic vomiting after several surgeries around the uterus...
- What causes difficulty in sleeping in an elderly person?
- Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
- Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection
- Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails