What do my lab test results indicate?

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Kidney Conditions
Question: My urine creatinine result: 15 mg/dL
Reference Range: 27.0 - 260.0
What could this mean?
I am a vegetarian (1 year now).

Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not a cause of concern

Detailed Answer:
hi
Thanks for the query

Creatinine is critically important in assessing renal function.
Low blood levels of creatinine are not common, but they are also not usually a cause for concern. They can be seen with conditions that result in decreased muscle mass.

Levels of 24-hour urine creatinine are evaluated with blood levels as part of a creatinine clearance test.

urine creatinine concentrations (mg/dL) vary depending on water intake (hydration status) and, therefore, are not very meaningful by themselves.

For female of 30-40 years with average of 60 years 15-20 mg/dl is the normal range so need not worry.

Increased creatinine levels in the blood suggest kidney disease.

your creatinine level is not high.so no need to bother much

If you have any doubts you are welcome.

Dr Priyanka G Raj

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj