What do my lab test reports indicate?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Thu, 9 Nov 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi Doctor,

Attached are the reports and doctor prescription of my niece. She had problem of heavy head all the time. Doctor diagnosed that she has mucus in the head.

Please give your opinion and what should be the treatment.

Thanks!!
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems like Chronic sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query.

The attached reports suggest mucus in the nasal cavity. It is coming from paranasal sinuses. She should get a CT scan paranasal sinuses done to see the extent of sinusitis and which sinuses are involved.
Sinusitis is a very common cause for hed heaviness.

The further management will depend upon the extent of disease and which sinuses are involved.

Please continue with the nasal spray as prescribed for symptomatic relief. Take steam inhalation also.

Any further questions are always welcome.

Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee