What do my lab reports indicate?
I am a infrequent smoker/ social drinker and have weekly 1 or 2 XXXXXXX non vegetarian meals. I play badminton for an hour everyday in the morning.
Mostly normal report
Thanks for your query.
Following are abnormal values:
High TSH : T3 and T4 are normal. If there are no symptoms of hypothyroidism (weakness, weight gain, constipation, dry skin, hoarseness, muscle weakness), then it maybe considered subclinical hypothyroidism. In such a case its better to keep a watch on thyroid levels. So keep getting these checked every 3-4 months.
Low Vitamin D : Can take Vitamin D3 supplement 60000IU weekly for 1 month and then biweekly for another 2 months. Watch for any muscle spasms, nausea, vomiting as symptoms of vitamin D excess.
Low Vitamin B12 : since you are an occasional non-veg eater, you can try oral B12 supplements. Orally, you can take tab Neucobal 500 mcg 1 tab twice daily for atleast 3-6 months (or even longer since you are mostly a vegetarian).
Uric acid can be considered normal if there are no joint pains.
Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does thyroid lab report indicate to have hypothyroidism
- What does the lab reports mean
- What does occ in lab reports mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Does the lab report indicate celiac disease
- If a get on my lab report hepatitis a reactive what is that
- What does the lab report for fever and diarrhea mean
- What does dl mean on lab reports
- What does hdlc mean on a lab report
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...