What do hive-like rashes on the arms and thighs indicate?
Seems to be urticaria, antihistaminic & calamine lotion
I have gone through your complaints and it could be urticaria.
It is an allergic reaction to a number of causes like infections, foods, drugs, thyroid disorders and sometimes occurs without any cause.
I would recommend you to take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine twice daily and apply a soothing lotion like calamine lotion on the affected areas twice daily for 10-14 days.
If it doesn’t improve in 10 days consult a doctor and get it evaluated.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, Dermatologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bruise like rash on thighs and underarms
- Causes of sunburn like rash on thighs
- Sun burn like rash on thighs
- Itchy rash on inside of thighs an arms
- What does a lump on thighs indicate
- What does a red rash on the inner thigh indicate
- Burn like rash on upper thigh
- Rash on feet and arms and thighs
- Blotchy rash on arms stomach thighs
- Rash thighs arms chest