What could cause severe hair loss at my temples while on Diovan for years?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Nov 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: On Diovan for years and having severe hair loss at my at my temples. I'd like to know there is something that can be used to regrow my hair or an ACE Inhibitor without this side affect.

what is the cost
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Androgenetic alopecia

Detailed Answer:

Perhaps you have androgenetic alopecia. It is characterized by hair loss and thinning from the frontal, mid and vertex part of the scalp, manifesting as a broad forehead and wide parting. The reason is gradual miniaturization of genetically predisposed hair follicles under the influence of androgens like testosterone and dihydrotestosterone.

I suggest you use Minoxidil 5% solution, twice daily. In addition to that, I suggest you take an oral Finasteride tablet once daily.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Kakkar S.
Dermatologist