What could be the cause of blood visible on toilet paper after passing stool ?
Seeing some blood on the toilet paper after passing stool is actually a very common of phenomenon. In your case we want to understand why exactly this has happened most recently. The most likely at most common cause of blood on the toilet paper after a bowel movement is hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are a very small degree of swelling of a pain in the area of the rectum. These can become inflamed and swollen and sometimes will bleed with the passing of a bowel movement.
Sometimes hemorrhoids may cause some degree of associated itching or sometimes even some pain. Hemorrhoids can sometimes feel like a tiny lump in the area of the anus. Sometimes however a hemorrhoid may be XXXXXXX and one might not be able to actually feel it.
I would like to suggest a few things for you to help alleviate the likely inflammation that is going on and contributing to the blood you have seen on the toilet paper. First I suggest you take a nice warm bath while sitting in the bathtub for 15 to 20 min. per day for the next few days. The warm water will help soothe the hemorrhoid. Next I recommend that you maintain a diet which is high in fiber. In addition it is also important that you drink plenty of water on a daily basis. The water will help keep your stool moist and soft and will lower the likelihood that you can cause some bleeding. Hard stool sometimes robs against a hemorrhoid and can cause more bleeding than usual.
Finally I suggest that if you do not see a good improvement of your symptoms within the next two or three weeks that you visit with your primary care provider for a good and complete physical examination to make sure nothing else is going on.
I'm quite sure that what you are dealing with is very benign and not life threatening.
Again I thank you for your query. I hope you have found my answer to be both helpful and informative. Should you have additional questions or concerns. I would be happy to address them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause bleeding during passing of stool
- What cause discharge in penis after passing stool
- Blood in stool but not on toilet paper
- Blood after passing stool what is wrong
- What causes greenishyellow stool with difficutly in passing stools
- What could cause painless blood associated stool
- Painful to pass stools blood in stools what to do
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- Blood after passing stools
- What causes traces of blood after passing stool
- What does "biapical pleural thickening through the lung apices" in CT...
- Muscle mass, lack of facial hair, male breasts, testosterone, hormonal...
- Bells palsy, minor trauma, medication, platelet function, bleeding, bruises
- Eye weakness, viral infection, nerve weakness in eye, bells palsy
- No period for 9 months, high prolactin levels, microandenoma,...
- Is pregnancy possible with inconsistent pregnancy test results and heavy...
- Can Plan B cause spotting and blood clots in urine ?
- Salt in Chinese food, tachycardia, pulse rate 150, BP under control
- How can genetically obtained dry skin be treated ?
- Diabetes, high BP, renal failure, serum creatinine high, loss of...