What could be the cause of a swollen gland on the neck?
Could be enlarged lymph node due to nearby inflammation.
Thanks for the query.
As per your description it seems like you have an enlarged lymph node in the neck. Most common cause will be inflammation in the nearby region.
Look for any dental caries or mouth ulcers which can cause swollen gland in the neck. Dandruff and ear infection can also cause the same. Also look for throat infection and tonsils.
As of now start a short course of antibiotics for five to seven days preferably moxclav or ampiclox. You can take analgesics like paracetamol or ibuprofen in case of pain.
Most cases resolve with antibiotics in five days. If the gland persist consult a physician and get evaluated.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can snorting meth cause swollen neck glands
- Ligament or swollen gland in neck
- Swollen glands in neck and shoulders
- Pid swollen neck gland
- Neck pain swollen glands stiff neck what could be this
- What causes swollen glands neck
- Alcohol cause of swollen neck gland
- What is the treatment for swollen neck gland
- What causes swollen glands in my neck and aching joints
- Can allergies cause swollen glands in neck