What causes yellow tongue and bad breath in the mouth?
Poor oral hygiene is most common cause
Thanks for writing in.
There can many reasons for yellow tongue and bad breath such as:
- poor oral hygiene that results in food build up with bad breath
- antibiotic use that results in imbalance of microbes
- prolonged use of mouthwash may also cause yellow tongue as it contains some oxidizing agents
- Jaundice which effects eyes and skin along with tongue
You need to maintain good oral hygiene and use tongue cleaner regularly for cleaning your tongue. Both of your symptoms indicate towards poor oral hygiene.
Consult your dentist and go for regular cleaning followed by proper oral hygiene maintenance.
Hope I answered your query
Wishing you good health
Dr. Neha Sumra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What bacteria causes bad breath
- Bad breath yellow tongue and irregular stool
- White bump mouth that cause bad breath
- Milo cause bad breath?
- Causes extreme bad breath
- What causes bad breath after a hysteroctemy
- What cancers cause bad breath
- What causes bad breath stomacth
- Bad breath causes internal
- What causes bad breath after chemotherapy
- Suggest treatment for sores under the tongue and nausea
- What causes headache and ear pain after tooth extraction?
- What causes a white spot on the tongue?
- What causes persistent dryness in mouth and rough tongue?
- Is root canal advisable post recovering from tooth infection?
- What do yellow staining of the teeth indicate?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for a blood clot at the site of tooth extraction
- Can HIV cause oral candidiasis?
- Suggest treatment for weird sensation on the lips