What causes yellow eyes with no symptoms of jaundice?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: the clour of my eye pupil is yellow instead of white.. there is no syptoms of jaundice etc and have got all the checks done several times just to clear doubt if eye color is something to worry or not .. but all the tests are normal and didnt raise ant alarm..
but still there is no clue why its yellowish .. i dont have any problem with my sight or any sort of eye other problem with eye..
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be conjunctival discoloration.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you are having problem of yellowish discoloration of white part of the eye. I guess you are pointing towards the white part of the eye and not pupil which is usually black in color.
The commonest cause for yellow discoloration of eye is jaundice. Since you are not having symptoms of jaundice and all tests are normal no need to worry.
Yellowish discoloration is seen some times normally also and it is called as muddy conjunctiva. If this is the condition then no need to worry as it will not cause any problem. There is no curative treatment for this condition but use of decongestant eye drops will help.
If possible do send a photo of the eyes so that I can confirm the diagnosis and answer more accurately.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

THANK YOU
WITH REGARDS