What causes white small bump on penis?

Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a bump on my penis it's white and very small as far as I can see is this an std there was one earlier maybe last week that was was bigger but it left then I noticed this one
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please answer few questions.

Detailed Answer:

You have whitish lesion on glans penis. I can see in photo. I would like to ask few ouestions...

- fom how many days you have this lesion?
- is there sush lesion at any other site?
- do you have burning,itching or pain on lesion?
- history of sexual intercourse? When?
- history of any other disease at present or in past?
- history of medicines at present or in past?
- any investigations done?
- is the lesion hard or soft? Sored,ruptured? Describe..

Please answer, so that I can help you in better ways..

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 2 hours later
I noticed the Legion yesterday there's not another located there I had protected sex the day before and the Legion is soft
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You seem to have milium

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back,

It seems that you are having milium.

It is not STD.

It is a benign condition. A milium is a small, raised bump on the skin. It is a type of tiny skin cyst filled with a protein called keratin.

Milia are harmless and, in most cases, they will eventually clear by themselves. But, in some people, milia can persist for months or sometimes longer.

Milia may be removed using a fine needle and then squeezing, or pricking, out the contents. No anaesthetic is needed. However, it is not recommended to squeeze or try to treat milia yourself. This can lead to skin damage and scarring or infection.

So, you consult dermatologist. He might remove it with needle. Or may do electrocautery under local anaesthesia.

I hope you got my answer. Still,any query..you may ask.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
So how sure are you on it not being an std?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Milum

Detailed Answer:

My opinion is that you might have milium after going through history and seeing photo.

Milium is a minute cyst. It is not infection. So, how can it be STD?

Actual diagnosis may be done after consulting dermatologist personally. So, my advice is that you consult dermatologist. The lesion may be other than milium. Then the mode of treatment may be changed.

Ok..

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T