What causes vomiting with tremors and hyperventilation?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in General Health
Question: My 17 year old niece was not feeling well this afternoon. She could not say what felt wrong, but threw up her food after lunch (not bulimia). Then she had a panic attack, started shaking uncontrollably, could not feel her legs, hyperventilated, and passed out a few times.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be a panic attack!

Detailed Answer:

This is classical of a panic attack. This would be more likely if she has had similar episodes in the past or has been battling with anxiety in the past.

Though i do not think she has tried drugs at this time, it is always a good idea for the mother to confront the child on any socials fears. It will also be time to talk to her on the danger of drugs just in case she isn’t aware of them.

In all, am more towards panic attack/anxiety. I will encourage the mom to talk to her about the ills of drugs and why she should never try them out.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T