What causes visual hallucinations and severe depression while taking Risperidone?
possibility of drug interactions
Thanks for writing to us.
Actually risperidone is used to treat hallucination. However citalopram and wellbutrin both can increase level of risperidone through drug interactions. Due to these drug interactions your cognition is affected by high level of risperidone and you felt hallucination that is the most likely possibility. None of the drug can cause visual hallucination as a side effect when used alone.
You should stop risperidone first and other agents should be tried depending upon symptoms.Please discuss the same with your treating doctor.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Moderate vs severe depression
- What are the effects of severe depression
- How to handle severe depression
- What is the cure for severe depression and headache
- Severe depression symptoms
- Severe depression causes
- Severe depression and anxiety symptoms
- Taking nitrous pills for sever depression any thoughts
- What are the treatments for severe depression and anxiety
- Best antidepressants for severe depression