What causes severe depression after a death of a family member?
Earlier in 2009 also he has been in depression and admitted in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX for 29 days.In young age when he was 20 years old ,then his mother passed away and at that time also he got disturbed.
now again we have taken him to XXXXXXX and before that we consult with private dococotrs also.attached is his summary of trtaetemnt till now.Now after taking medicine he is feeling like suicidal and negative thinking .Also he is havi g headache and start weeping like a child and hopeless with life.please suggest what to do.should we go with this treatment.
He is on right medicines.
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related doubts
I can understand your problem. The history you've mentioned shows clearly that he is suffering from depressive disorder or severe depression. His OPD papers too show the diagnosis of RDD or recurrent depressive disorder.
He has been given Sertraline 150 mg which is a good antidepressant and Quetiapine which will help in treating the resistant depression symptoms. The medicines are right and are in right doses.
When ever any SSRI drug is started in a patient of depression worsening of symptoms is seen especially during first couple of weeks. This is happening in his case too. This is the reason he became more suicidal and has negative thinking. This is not a thing to get worried. In coming weeks he will start seeing response and will become better. NO NEED TO WORRY.
You should go with this treatment and don't stop it without consulting his doctor.
Thanks and Take care
Wait for some more time to see full effects.
In most cases SSRI drugs take around 4-6 weeks to show their effects. So at this point of time you should wait to see full response. Stopping the drug at this stage will only increase the symptoms only.
For headache drugs like Paracetamol can be given which will help in controlling the symptoms.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Moderate vs severe depression
- What are the effects of severe depression
- How to handle severe depression
- What is the cure for severe depression and headache
- Severe depression symptoms
- Severe depression causes
- How to cure severe depression
- Severe depression and anxiety symptoms
- What are the treatments for severe depression and anxiety
- Best antidepressants for severe depression
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?