What causes visual hallucinations along with chest pain?
I read your question and I understand your concern.
Those episodes of getting lost and seeing things not present are a little worrying. Stress can of course be a trigger of such manifestations, however before labeling it as due to stress and anxiety it would be prudent if he was evaluated for the possibility of other conditions like seizures (not all seizures are convulsive ones), encephalitis or stroke.
So I think a visit to the ER wouldn't be too much in this case. The aim is to have a general exam for other neurological signs and some routine blood tests for infections signs or metabolic changes which could also cause his symptoms. If exam and tests reveal anything suspicious it might be continued accordingly with further testing. Otherwise if cleared may be back home and focus on relaxation and stress management, if a persistent issue a consult with a psychiatrist may be scheduled later on.
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause for mild chest pain
- What causes chest pains and nausea
- What is the cause for intermittent chest pain
- What causes chest pain and fatigue
- What causes pleurisy chest pain
- What is the cause of chest pain and cough
- What is the cause of chest pain with dizziness
- What causes chest pain with palpitations
- What causes headache with the chest pain
- What causes back and chest pain