• question-icon

What causes violent shaking, lightheadedness and pain in the hand?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I get shaky then light headed stop what I am doing get a ginger ale and in a few min I am fine also at night when I am sleeping my hands hurt think old arther is setting in
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tell us more about this!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed this information fully. I will like to obtain more information from you.

1. Is drinking ginger ale something you do regularly and over the years? If yes, this might be an issue with dependence. The body might have been conditioned by one of these ingredients that your body seems to reclaim each time you go for long without sipping some. If this is the case, you have to start tapering down the frequency and the amount consumed progressively over time.

2. For the hands, is there any swelling? Does this happen all the nights? What is your profession? Are all the fingers equally affected?

I hope to hear from you before issuing conclusive statements and putting forth a plan to address your worries.

Waiting...
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 30 minutes later
1: No To ginger Ale over the years I can drink any soda and it stops it as long as it is not surger free. Don't happen every day seems like my suger leval just drops off most of the time I drink coffee or water just a pop when I get the shakes.

2:yes every night it happens and yes both hands do it all fingers I do custom vinyl work for semi trucks.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
TRy to eat more regularly!

Detailed Answer:

From your description, these now sound like symptoms of falling blood sugar. I will encourage you to eat often and just enough to avoid getting low sugars. Also, endeavor to measure your blood sugar if this ever happens for documentation purposes.

Given your job, this might be a trapped median nerve called carpal tunnel syndrome. This occurs wen you flex the wrist joint excessively. I will suggest that get this examined. If confirmed, you will benefit from using braces at night to keep the joint straight, liberating the nerve from being compressed.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me as you please.
Dr. Ivo Ditah