What causes vaginal bleeding during intercourse?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: what are different things that can cause vaginal bleeding during sexual intercourse?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to infections.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

It is not normal to have bleeding after sex and it is usually found in vaginal infections like Chlamydia, gonorrhea or trichomoniasis, vaginal inflammation, disease of endometrium that is lining of uterus, polyps (mass) in uterus and cervix, fibroid tumor or endometritis.

So I'd suggest you to please get blood tests done for bacterial infections like Gonorrhea and Trichomoniasis and a culture sensitivity analysis should also be done. You also need to get an ultrasound uterus done to rule out any fibroids or polyps. A gynecologist should be consulted in this case.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee