What causes uncontrollable body tremors?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: Body tremors uncontrollable at times
Answered by Dr. Dariush Saghafi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
Good evening. I am Dr. Saghafi, an adult neurologist, and would like some more information about what is going on in order to help you figure out what's going on.

For instance, what have your current doctors said about these tremors? Have you received any treatment in the past and if so was it ever successful? What was it? When did it stop working? Have you ever had an EEG of the brain? An MRI, a CT, a PET scan? Have you diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, Essential Tremors, or Seizure disorder?

Is there medication that can make the condition better? Or worse? Can you tell whether these tremors happen at certain times of the day or night? Do they wake you up? Are you awake and aware of them when they occur? Can you control how severe they are? Do you ever urinate or defecate on yourself during these tremors? Anybody in the family have similar problems? Does a drink of some form of alcohol make them better or suppress them entirely?

The above questions and conditions constitute basically what I believe you need to get done in a workup if I were to be examining you directly and trying to diagnose you walking off the street.

I hope these suggestions satisfactorily address your question and give some additional information you can discuss with your doctor for how to attack this problem. If so, may I ask your favor of a HIGH STAR RATING with some written feedback?

Also, if there are no other comments, may I ask you not forget to CLOSE THE QUERY on your end so the question can be transacted and archived for further reference by colleagues as necessary?

You are invited to direct more comments or inquiries to me in the future by going to my web address at:

bit.ly/drdariushsaghafi

I would be honored to answer you quickly and comprehensively.

Please keep me informed as to the outcome of your situation.

The query has required a total of 10 minutes of physician specific time to read, research, and compile a return envoy to the patient.