What causes twitching of bottom lip with habit of chewing tobacco?
fasiculation, Magnesium supplements, stop tobacco
Hello,Thanks for your queiry at hcm, i have gone through your queiry.
Firstly, chewing tobacco is not good for health, as i'm sure you know about it.. So try stopping it over a gradual period,, if it has been long term..
Secondly, lip twitching which you are feeling are called as fasiculation, it occurs as a result of irritability of the nerve fibres (especially the motor component of a nerve)..
There are lot of causes, the most common are due to magnesium deficiency. It usually results in hyperexcitablity, muscle weakness, and fasiculations..
Since you feel it may be due to your own anxiety, you may be right.. So don't worry, try reducing the anxiety by keeping yourself calm, do breathing exercises, try yoga...
To overcome magnesium deficiency you could take nutritious food, leafy vegetables, nuts and wheat XXXXXXX .
Regarding chewing tobacco habit if it long term as i mentioned earlier, please have a consult with a oral physician for a check up of your oral mucosa..
If problem persists regarding fasiculation, which can be distrubing, please consult a internal medicine specialist for a check up and treatment..
Hope it helps,, take care..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chewing tobacco swollen lip
- Lumps lip chewing tobacco
- Chewing tobacco is cause vitiligo
- Chewing tobacco cause diadetes
- Can chewing tobacco cause your tongue to twitch
- What causes nosebleeds chewing tobacco
- Chewing tobacco causes holes
- Chewing tobacco cause arthritis
- Chewing tobacco causes appendicitis
- Can chewing tobacco cause muscle twitches