What causes red sores on the roof of the mouth?
I have noticed that the roof of my motuh has been sore the last couple of days and upon investigating an having a look I noticed that the roof of my mouth is purple which I am unsure if it is normal or not? I also noticed these red sores on the inside of my mouth which is where it hurts when I eat or swallow it kind of feels like a cut. Is this something that is worth getting investigated or will it possibly go away on it's own? I have attached some images below so you can see better.
Mucositis with candidiasis
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
I have seen the pictures. you are probably suffering from mucositis with fungal infection.
Avoid keeping anything in the mouth for long like a toffee or anything else.
Apply candid mouth paint 4 to 5 times a day and take tablet vitamins c once daily.
Use hexidine mouth wash.
Avoid any aerated drinks or spicy foods.
Drink plenty of water.
All the medicine prescribed by me will be available only on prescription.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks and regards
This occurs due to nutritional deficiency or bad oriental hygiene. You should take the medicines as prescribed. There is nothing to be worried about. you will be better soon.
The purple discoloration is the underlying blood vessels hue through the inflamed oral mucosa.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itchy roof of mouth
- What causes numbness on roof of mouth
- What causes lumps on the roof of the mouth
- Cause of red patch roof of mouth
- Itching in the roof of the mouth what are the causes
- Vyvanse causes sore roof of mouth
- What causes red streaks on roof of mouth
- What causes irritation roof mouth
- What causes sore lumps on the roof of mouth
- Meth causing sore roof of mouth
- What causes pulsatile tinnitus?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue, mild headache and tightness in the chest
- Suggest remedies for metallic taste in the mouth
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty in an asthma patient
- How can a cyst below the tonsil be treated?
- Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers
- What causes blood in sputum when diagnosed with TB?
- Is HIV 4th generation test done three weeks after exposure conclusive?
- Can cerumen cause tinnitus?
- Is inhaling plastic fumes harmful?