What causes blue grey patches on the penile head?
Hello. Thank you.
I an add. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist).
I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
I think you have Lichen Planus (LP) which usually presents as purplish, itchy, papules/ patches and sometimes even painful erosions on glans and/ or prepuce. Oral mucosa may also be involved with whitish streaks/ erosions which may be painful and interfere with food.
I suggest you to use a moderately potent topical steroid ointment e.g either Mometasone furoate 0.1% or Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%, twice daily.
These are prescription medications and I suggest that you talk to your local practitioner for a prescription regarding the same.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes penile shrinkage during bowel movements
- What is the cause and treatment for penile infection
- What causes penile chafing
- What causes penile shrinkage
- What causes penile pain after masturbation
- What causes a shrunken penile foreskin
- Cyst on penile shaft cause
- What can cause yellowish penile discharge
- What causes penile pain during an intercourse
- What causes increase in penile curvature to the left
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body