What causes blue grey patches on the penile head?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Itchy blue grey patches have developed on my foreskin and a blue grey patch on my penis head. What could this be?
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lichen Planus

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.

I an add. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist).
I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
I think you have Lichen Planus (LP) which usually presents as purplish, itchy, papules/ patches and sometimes even painful erosions on glans and/ or prepuce. Oral mucosa may also be involved with whitish streaks/ erosions which may be painful and interfere with food.
I suggest you to use a moderately potent topical steroid ointment e.g either Mometasone furoate 0.1% or Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%, twice daily.
These are prescription medications and I suggest that you talk to your local practitioner for a prescription regarding the same.